Thank you! Un tout grand merci!
The 12 January Scholars in Belgium would like to thank the many people who participated in this program for their expertise and their generosity of time.
- Chantal Kesteloot, Historian, ULB-CEGESOMA (Center for Historical Research and Documentation on War and Contemporary Society)
- Vincent Blondel, Professor of Applied Mathematics, Université Catholique de Louvain
- Colette Braeckman, Member of the editorial board of Le Soir where she directs news coverage of Africa and particularly Central Africa
- Theodore Trefon, Director, Contemporary History Section at the Royal Museum of Central Africa, Tervuren
- Françoise Aubry, Curator, Horta Museum
- Willem de Graeve, Director, Comics Strips Museum
- France Brel, Director, Editions Jacques Brel, and Francis de Laveleye
- Richard Williams, Deputy Director, Armaments Section, NATO
- Laurent Gerbaud, Chocolatier, Brussels
A special thank you to the following people whose incredible generosity and resourcefulness made this trip such a rewarding and memorable experience.
- Annette Katz, Information and Guided Tours Manager, Brussels Tourism Bureau, and her knowledgeable staff
- Pamela Dalby, Admissions and Student Affairs, Boston University, Brussels
- Melissa Rancourt, Head of Faculty, Boston University, Brussels
- Miguel Gorman, Press and Information, Office of Public Affairs, United States Mission to the European Union
- Courtney Collins, Education Specialist and Briefing Program Coordinator, Office of Public Affairs, United States Mission to the European Union
- Justina Martinez, Directorate General for Communication at the European Parliament
- Anne-Marie Culot, Administrative Assistant
- Lutgarde Denys, Web support
- Ignacio Sandino, Reception Manager, and his welcoming staff, Citadines Sainte- Catherine Brussels
Last but not least, we would like to express our gratitude to the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at MIT, especially to Elouise Evee Jones, Lisa Hickler and Jeff Pearlin, whose administrative support and dedication contributed greatly to the success of this trip.
Thank you to all of you for the beautiful memories!